The Nordic Security Conference is going digital!
We are pleased to announce that the fifteenth edition of the Nordic Security Conference will be held as a digital event on October 24th.
The theme of the conference will be divided into two parts. The frist part will revolve around the upcoming US elections, and the second part regarding the security challenges in the Arctic Region. Both themes will consist of short lectures as well as a panel debate.
The event will be streamed live on our Facebook-event Saturday, October 24th from 12.00-17.45. Click on the button below to se the entire program of NorSec2020.
About the speakers
- Øystein TunsjøProfessor Tunsjø is Head of the Asia Program at the Norwegian Institute for Defence Studies at the Norwegian Defence University College. Tunsjø holds a PhD in International Relations from the University of Wales, Aberystwyth, 2006, an MSc from the London School of Economics, 2002 and a MA from Griffith University, Australia, 2000. Tunsjø was aContinue reading «Øystein Tunsjø»
- Hilde RestadHilde is an Associate Professor of International Studies at Bjørknes University College. Her research interests cover American politics, U.S. foreign policy, American history and international relations. Her dissertation was on the concept of American exceptionalism understood as an identity, and its effect on history U.S. foreign policy traditions. This was further developed in her first book, AmericanContinue reading «Hilde Restad»
- Sigrid Rege GårdsvollSigrid Rege Gårdsvoll is a communications advisor and educator. She is also a writer and podcaster with the website AmerikanskPolitikk.no, Norway’s only website dedicated to offering non-partisan, balanced and fact-based coverage of the state of American politics. She will be speaking during the first theme; the upcoming U.S. elections.
- Cristina PlettenChristina Pletten is a journalist and a member of the op-ed board at Aftenposten. She was the US correspondent of Aftenposten from 2017 until 2019, and has lived in the United States for 14 years. Pletten is an alumna of New York University, and has covered four presidential elections. She will be joining us during part oneContinue reading «Cristina Pletten»
- Rolf TamnesWe are pleased to announce that Rolf Tamnes will be speaking at NorSec2020. Rolf Tamnes is a Professor at the Norwegian Institute for Defence Studies (IFS) and a part of the Center for Security Policy. He was Director of IFS from 1996-2012 and Head of the international research programme Geopolitics in the High North fromContinue reading «Rolf Tamnes»
- Andreas RaspotnikWe are happy to announce that Andreas Raspotnik will be speaking at the Nordic Security Conference. Andreas Raspotnik is a Senior Researcher at the High North Center for Business and Governance, Nord University in Bodø, Norway, where he currently manages the AlaskaNor project (www.alaskanor.com). He is also a Senior Fellow and Leadership Group member atContinue reading «Andreas Raspotnik»
- Tove GravdalWe are happy to announce that Tove Gravdal will play the role as a moderator at NorSec. Tove Gravdal is a freelance journalist and author. She worked for the weekly newspaperMorgenbladet from 2008 to 2019, mainly covering international affairs. She has also worked for the daily newspaper Aftenposten, based in Paris, New York and Oslo.Continue reading «Tove Gravdal»
- Njord WeggeNjord Wegge works as an associate professor at the Norwegian Military Academy. In 2013 Wegge earned his doctorate about international politics in the Arctic region at the University in Tromsø. He has also been a visiting scholar at U.C. Berkeley USA the spring of 2009, and an Associate Professor II at the University in Tromsø 2016–2018. Wegge worked asContinue reading «Njord Wegge»
Vi er et nettverk for unge med interesse for utenriks- og sikkerhetspolitikk. Lokallag i Oslo, Bergen, Trondheim, Stavanger og Tromsø.
YATA Norge c/o DNAK, Fridtjof Nansens plass 8, 0160 Oslo